Acoustic neuroma is a benign tumor that can cause serious complications. Although it grows slowly, it can lead to hearing loss, facial paralysis, and problems with balance. If it grows too large, it can even compress the brain and be life-threatening.
This article will discuss removing acoustic neuroma and identify the best hospitals in the US and Europe. In addition, you can learn about gentle treatment methods and how to arrange treatment at a leading clinic abroad.
Criteria for Selecting the best hospitals for acoustic neuroma
If you have received a diagnosis of acoustic neurinoma, the next step is finding a treatment center. Don’t worry – a few simple tips can guide you in your search for a hospital. Here’s what you should consider:
- Qualification of ENT doctors, neurosurgeons, and radiologists. The doctors you work with must have the knowledge and experience to treat your disease. Research the top doctors in this field and consider seeking treatment at the hospital where they practice.
- Clinic statistics. When selecting a medical center, it’s essential to look at specific indicators, such as the precision of preoperative diagnosis, the success rate of surgeries, and the occurrence of complications.
- Availability of modern equipment. Advanced hospitals offer non-surgical procedures, like radiosurgery with Cyber and Gamma knives, that do not require incisions or rehabilitation.
- Reputation. Before choosing a clinic, it’s important to research its success rate and reputation. AiroMedical is a reliable source that evaluates doctors and hospitals, recognizing excellent clinical outcomes and prioritizing patient safety. Pay attention to patient satisfaction and security ratings to help you decide which clinic is most suitable for you.
- Scientific research. It’s important to ask if the hospital participates in clinical trials for unapproved medical procedures and drugs and if they collaborate with other research institutions.
The AiroMedical team has evaluated and ranked the top-rated hospitals based on their cutting-edge equipment, skilled surgeons, and exceptional service. Detailed information about these medical facilities is available on our website. Our assistance guarantees that your health is in capable hands. This assurance will give you the peace of mind to focus solely on your recovery.
Top Hospitals for Acoustic Neuroma Treatment in the United States
Mayo Clinic Phoenix
Utah University Hospital Salt Lake City
Morristown Medical Center
Benefits of medical treatment in the US
Benefits of acoustic neuroma treatment in hospitals in the US:
- Convincing statistics of therapy success – about 98%.
- Complete or maximally complete restoration of hearing.
- Gentle options for surgical and radiotherapy.
Top Hospitals for Acoustic Neuroma Treatment in Europe
Radiotherapy and Gamma Knife Centre Hanover, Germany
European Radiosurgery Centre Munich, Germany
Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul, Turkey
Benefits of medical treatment in Europe
Advantages of neurology hospitals in Europe:
- High level of competence of ENT doctors, radiologists, and neurosurgeons.
- Minimal risk and absence of complications inherent in microsurgical operations – bleeding, infections, post-acute complications.
- Rapid recovery of lost functions, quality of life, and efficiency of the patient
Top Hospitals for Acoustic Neuroma Treatment in Poland
Gamma Knife Center Warsaw
Carolina Medical Centre Gdansk
KCM Clinic Wroclaw
Benefits of treatment in Poland
Advantages of hospitals in Poland:
- High rates of successful operations.
- World-class radiologists with extensive experience.
- Affordable price for acoustic neuroma treatment.
Top Hospitals for Acoustic Neuroma Treatment in Italy
University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
Civil Hospitals of Brescia ASST
ASST Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital Bergamo
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
The success of Italian medicine is due to the following:
- The highest professionalism of doctors with the technical capabilities to show their talent in well-equipped clinics.
- The functionality of hospitals in Italy is provided with installations of the latest generation of gamma knives.
- The short period of stay in the clinic.
Top Hospitals for Acoustic Neuroma Treatment in Germany
Academic Hospital Bundeswehr Berlin
Helios Hospital Krefeld
Park Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
Advantages of hospitals in Germany:
- Doctors in radiosurgery and neurosurgery are recognized as indisputable authorities within Europe and beyond.
- Timely introduction of new technologies and demonstration of the best indicators in practice in their use.
- Medical institutions with Gamma knives are accredited in the prestigious international format of JCI and ISO.
Best acoustic neuroma doctors worldwide
Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Muacevic
Dr. med. Peter Madjurov
Dr. med. Holger Blasing
Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Gasser
Dr. med. Gerhard A. Horstmann
Best treatment solutions for acoustic neuroma
The main focus of treatment is to remove the neurinoma. The treatment plan will depend on the size, location, and number of neurinomas.
- Monitoring. Since acoustic neuromas usually grow slowly, immediate intervention is not always required. However, for patients with tiny tumors that do not cause any symptoms, elderly patients, and patients with serious medical problems, the doctor may recommend regular monitoring of the neoplasm using MRI.
- Surgery. A tiny hole is made in the skull through which the tumor is resected. For example, suppose the neurinoma is located in the area of the root of the auditory nerve. In that case, it is removed through a hole in the occipital bone. Likewise, a small neurinoma in the inner ear canal can be removed through an opening behind the ear.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery with Cyber and Gamma knives. There is an alternative method to eliminate neuroma without scalpels and bleeding. This method involves targeting the tumor with a precise radiation dose while ensuring that healthy tissues remain unharmed.
- Proton therapy. A form of radiotherapy utilizes positively charged particles known as protons to treat tumors by delivering targeted doses of high-energy beams to the affected area. This approach helps to minimize radiation exposure to the surrounding region.
The treatment priorities are to preserve the facial nerve’s function, optimize the hearing results and maintain the quality of life.
How to get treatment in the best hospitals for acoustic neuroma
When you visit the AiroMedical portal, you can access an extensive health library that provides information on various diseases and the latest treatments. Furthermore, if you reach out to us, we can give you a fair and unbiased recommendation on which doctor and clinic have progressed most in treating your problem. Additionally, you can learn about the top list of hospitals in Europe and the US and book a medical program for treating acoustic neuroma.
Our goal is to help you in your journey to health, so please don’t hesitate to contact us and benefit from our expertise.